Sunday, 13 November 2011

Week 3: Lab 2

Track Modeling

Exercise 1

During this lab, we learn to model different sections of track, a straight section and 
a curved section.


Straight section of track



Curved section of track


Reflection : 

When I was doing this exercise, the process is rather smooth and the tutorial is quite easy to follow. Thus, I didn't face much problems. However, there were some steps that i can't understand and follow. After seeking help from my teacher, I can continue my exercise and complete it. In this section, I can learn how to do different sections of track by using the Create Polygon Tool, the Insert Edge Loop Tool and outliner. We just need to do an adjustment in the Create Bend Deformer Options dialog and set Curvature to 1, the track can be turned into a curved track easily.







Modeling an Antique Washboard

Exercise 2

In this section, we use box modeling to create the elements of an antique washboard and assemble them using the align tool then link the objects together...  



Antique Washboard


Reflection : 

Actually when I was modeling this wasboard, I can follow all the steps except for the align tool which is used to place all the parts together. It was very difficult for me to do the adjustment because I don't really know how to use the panels to align the parts. Thus, I use the move tool to shift the parts to where I wanted it to be. Overall, it is rather enjoyable and was not a very difficult exercise.  :)




No comments:

Post a Comment